Freedom of Information Act - Publication Scheme
We are always willing to give advice on matters relating to any of our services. Council members will be friendly, helpful, and professional and treat customers with respect.
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to contact our clerk by Telephone, Email or Letter. Our contact details are at the top of this page. The clerk can be contacted by telephone between 09.00 and Noon on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
This publication scheme has been prepared and approved by the Information Commissioner. This publication scheme commits Kelvedon Hatch Parish Council to make information available to the public as part of its normal business activities. The information covered is included in the classes of information mentioned below, where this information is held by the Parish Council.
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by the Parish Council and falls within the classifications below.
- To specify the information which is held by the Parish Council and falls within the classifications below.
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- To produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- To review and update on a regular basis the information the Parish Council makes available under this scheme.
- To produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- To make this publication scheme readily available to the public.
Classes of Information and Format
Key to format abbreviations:
W - Website click on link, E - Email, P - Paper, I - Inspection n/a - Not applicable at this time.
Who we are and what we do:
What we spend and how we spend it:
What our priorities are and how we are doing:
How we make decisions:
Our policies and procedures:
Lists and registers:
The services we offer:
The classes of information will not generally include:
- Information the disclosure of which is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure.
- Information in draft form.
- Information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons.
Methods by which information published under this scheme will be made available:
- Where it is within our capability, information will be published on our website.
- Where it is impracticable to make information available on our website, or if an individual does not wish to access the information by the website, hard copies can be requested, or an appointment made to view the requested information at a mutually convenient time and location within a reasonable timescale.
Information will be provided in the language in which it is held or in such other language that is legally required. Where the Parish Council is legally required to translate any information, it will do so.
Obligations under disability and discrimination legislation and any other legislation to provide information in other forms and formats will be adhered to when providing information in accordance with this scheme.
Charges which may be made for information published under this scheme.
The purpose of this scheme is to make the maximum amount of information readily available at minimum inconvenience and cost to the public. Charges made by the Parish Council for routinely published material will be justified and transparent and kept to a minimum.
Material which is published and accessed on a website will be provided free of charge.
Charges may be made for information subject to a charging regime specified by Parliament.
Charges may be made for actual disbursements incurred such as:
- postage and packaging
- the costs directly incurred as a result of viewing information
Charges may also be made for information provided under this scheme where they are legally authorised, they are in all the circumstances, including the general principles of the right of access to information held by public authorities, justified and are in accordance with a published schedule or schedules of fees which is readily available to the public.
If a charge is to be made, confirmation of the payment due will be given before the information is provided. Payment may be requested prior to provision of the information.
Information held by the Council that is not published under this scheme can be requested in writing, when its provision will be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act.
Adopted: 9th January 2009